Chronicles of a Corporate Intern

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Two Sides to Every Coin

There are different ways to look at everything. Like today, for example.

I could look at today in the negative light:
I woke up this morning, sick. Had a text message from my dad bailing on our afternoon plans causing Dan and I to have to drive to my house and back to his. While home my dad got mad at me for letting Dan drive my car. I continued to be sick until we left. I missed almost all the birds skeet shooting, I didn't have the right gun for it, and I bruised up my shoulder and made my left arm rather sore. I came back and gorged myself to the point of almost nausiea then spent the evening sitting around doing nothing.

Or, I could give this day the credit it deserves:
I woke up this morning not feeling too well but ended up fine by mid-afternoon, plus I woke up next to an attractive guy, and that always helps. We had some biscuits and gravy and went home to pick up my dad's old 20 guage trap gun so that I could go shooting with Dave and Dan. We went out to the skeet range, and I didn't too badly for my fourth time shooting and my first time shooting skeet. For that matter, I nailed about 8 birds on the last round.
We shot 3 rounds and headed home where Dan cooked up an amazing steak dinner. Just the way I like it too, nice and pink and bloody. Then we hung out all evening in the living room watching Lost and eating homemade rice crispy treats (I am a total rice crispy treat addict).

It was one of the greatest days ever. Ever.
Just not when I describe it that first way, hah.
I'm going to have a really pretty multi-colored shoulder tomorrow. I'm kind of excited.
Miasma had time at 11:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home