Chronicles of a Corporate Intern

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Weekend of Paradox

I can't decide if this weekend was one of the worst ever, or one of the best ever. It's split in half.

On the downside:
Apparently there was some stuff I was supposed to have done for work on Friday. Of course, I didn't realize that. And then I didn't realize that Friday meant friday afternoon. So I ended up working late Friday night, a little Saturday morning/night, and Sunday early afternoon.

I was annoyed, to say the least. It was a miscommunication, but one that had better never happen again, because I refuse to make a habit out of this like my father has.

I also got an email from a hypocritical manipulative stalker who can't leave me alone after 2 years. Those of you who know who I'm talking about also know I completely ignored it, got a hug and a kiss on the forehead from Dan, and went back to my car.

On the upside:
As I was typing that last section I got a text from my boss telling me to add 10 extra hours to my time sheet. Awesome. I need the money, and that makes it all worth it, hah.

Plus, I now own a two-tone Jeep Wrangler. Hell yeah. We spray-painted my fenders "spice" (according to Jeep) or "buckskin" (according to Duplicolor) to match my top and interior. We also fixed the cracked front fender.

My boyfriend is awesome, because not only did he fix the fender; he explained what he was doing every step of the way and taught me how to paint and let me take my front fenders off/put them back on (the back ones were a real pain, I let him deal with that, hah).

We also went and saw Mammi Mia with a bunch of our friends. The movie was hilarious, and everybody should go see it. You will be singing Abba songs for the rest of the day though, so beware. Amanda and I decided we were going to be the psychotic old ladies on the island in Greece dancing on the dock to Abba.

We also went to the Wing Dome for dinner (the rest of them went out after and saw Black Knight but Dan and I are waiting until we can get I-Max tickets, because it's going to be AMAZING on I-Max.) Anyway, Amanda, John, Duncan, and Stavie all made it through 7-alarm wings. I sat their and laughed, and did a poor job pretending to be upset that my health kept me from participating.

John is back in town, which is awesome (for me, Dan's not so excited... I can't imagine why...) We've been planning to go check out Fortune Creek FOREVER and haven't made it yet, and now that my Jeep is put back together a little we're going to have to head up there.

So all in all I suppose it was a pretty decent weekend, jsut a little stressful. And I suppose it's going to be a pretty decent week - I start taking dressage lessons again on Wednesday! You really can't have a bad week with that to look forward to.
Miasma had time at 1:39 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home