Chronicles of a Corporate Intern

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Military Bootcamp

Life's like a rollercoaster ride. How cliche is that? It's one of those things everybody says all the time.

Well I beg to differ. I don't know about the rest of the world but my life feels absolutely nothing like I'm sitting on some amusement ride watching all this stuff go on around me, terrified out of my wits. Okay, maybe I'm terrified out of my wits, but then life could be like a horrible car-accident or a near-death experience too, if that's all we're basing it on. Fallacies, fallacies, fallacies.

My life is more proactive than a rollercoaster ride, though maybe I live my life more assertively than most, I can't tell, seeing as I'm not most and I have no access to the minds, thought patterns, or lives of most.

My life, though, feels a little more like a stereotypical, movie-style, military training camp. Not the realistic ones, but the fun ones; the ones where you feel like you're friends with all the soldiers.

You know, you wake up every morning and spend all day running around, overcoming obstacles, being taught to conform and being given orders and instructions. Then, every once in a while, you get to go out with all soldiers buddies and get drunk. There are always sarcastic remarks, bad puns, and ironic moments - but it's always work, it's always hard, and every once in a while you have to break loose or else you'll go psychotic. (Though I'm missing a lovable fat kid who works really hard and just barely graduates.)

I don't drink a lot, and I don't have to climb walls or anything, but you catch my drift.

I think maybe this has a lot do with the fact that life is hard. And maybe that surprises me, but maybe not. I think I keep expecting to wake up one day and all my health and money issues will be fixed and I can just move on. But the fact of the matter is, if it's not one thing it's another. Probably on that day I will get in a horrific fight with Dan, horribly offend my parents, and my cat will die.

Life is not a matter of overcoming hardships to be happy, but a matter of learning to be happy with hardships. And I am, happy that is. Sure, I may have just compared my life to a military bootcamp from a bad movie, but I'm really okay with that, because it means I'm trying, I'm working. And you know what, I still love every second of it.

Labels: ,

Miasma had time at 8:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home