Chronicles of a Corporate Intern

Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Weekend Alive

Sometimes I feel like I've spent the past few months withering away into nothingness. But this weekend was different - this weekend made me feel alive again.

I've found that Dan will do pretty much anything with me, if I come up with the idea and make the plans.

A while ago we agreed that I would take Fridays off (he works 4 10s and has them off too) and we would go hiking every Friday. I started that this weekend with a trip up to Goat Lake. Not that we made it all the way to the lake, him having worked at a pizza parlor and played video games and drank beer for the past 8 months and me having been sick for so long. But we still drove out to the middle of fricken no where (and I mean middle of nowhere - it's outside of the town, past the little town, past the random grocer that doesn't seem to belong anywhere, 30 miles down the scenic NFS highway, onto the dirt road, and then onto the even-more-dirt-road-with-rocks-and-such.), we wandered around for about 3 hours up and down hills and I took lots and lots of pictures (of him, he got annoyed).

Then, yesterday, I randomly decided to take a trip out to Ocean Shores (as stated below) and we spent the day wandering the beach and skim boarding.

And then, today, I went out and looked at more stables because I'm going to start riding again later this week.

Hah! In your face angry vindictive higher power that keeps tearing my body to pieces!

Labels: , ,

Miasma had time at 8:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home