Chronicles of a Corporate Intern

Monday, July 14, 2008

"Some women wear red hats... I drive THIS"

So since my sojourn into the mud:


I have become mildly obsessed with this whole off-roading thing. I cleaned up my car and have been shopping for ways to spend ridiculous amounts of money on it. I'm learning, a lot, about Jeeps, particularly TJ Wranglers (1998 Sport editions even).


My first order of business, of course, is to finish up with all the 100,000 mile marker engine work. Radiator flush, etc. There's about $200 to do there and that'll be out of my next 2 paychecks. Also Dan wants to get me a new stereo and split the cost, so that'll be in that set too.


My next step will be to get some basic off-roading materials - tow hooks, tow straps, a CB radio, some tools, a first-aid kit. To put it simply I want to join the Oregon BushHackers, so I need this list of stuff. That'll be the third paycheck coming.


After that prices go up and my ability to predict where the money is going to come from goes down. However, I want to start by replacing my beat up bumpers (damn black ice and hit and run drivers) with these tubular steel beauties (they have them in front bumpers as well). Yeah, back into me now bitch.


I also need a new top, as the one I have is falling apart (or, at least, the little foldy tabs used to keep it on are coming off due to poor design on the dealer's part). I decided it'd be sweet to get a sunrider (If I'm gonna go, might as well go for broke, eh?). Considering northwest weather, it seemed to be a good idea.


One thing I noticed during my recent excursion is that my carpet interior got a little trashed (and yes, I have thick, rubber floormats. There is a video of me dumping a puddle out of the driver's side one that is pretty entertaining). As such, I want to replace it: with desert camo vinyl. Because I am that badass.


I'm also thinking of, but haven't gotten around to shopping for, considering it's all way down the road:
After market fenders
A good winch
A light bar
Some good speakers


And as for some cheaper stuff to pick up along the way, I'm looking at:
Seat covers
A new steering wheel cover
And oh yes, new decals


Me and Jeep Jeep have got some fun times coming.

Labels:

Miasma had time at 9:45 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home