Chronicles of a Corporate Intern

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Material

I spent the afternoon at Fishermen's terminal; looking at the boats and the fish and the birds, and on occasion my book. It's far from the most scenic spot in town, but it was nice none-the-less. I reconnected with myself, and remembered what I want out of life.

I spend a lot of time talking about how one day I'm going to run this and one day I'm going to be able to afford that, and I think I may have given people the wrong idea about my ambitions.

I want to be happy, simply. And the reason I can be so focused on material things right now is that I am happy.

I wake up every morning and immediately text message the most amazing guy I could ever hope for. I talk to my loving father, get on AIM and chat with all my darling friends. Then I make myself look (even more) gorgeous, pig out on some donuts, and go about my day.

I'm beautiful, intelligent, strong, kind, confident, and appreciative. I, generally, feel good about myself and have a ton of people who care about me. And my life is interesting, I stay busy and don't let things get too mundane.

That's really all I need, an interesting life and people who care. And I can't forsee my possession of these things changing, so for now, I'll focus on what I don't have.

You should all worry when I start wanting for something less material.

Labels:

Miasma had time at 4:57 AM

2 Comments:

Great read! Makes me think of my Sevylor boat.

July 7, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I don't know, those boats look like something I would fall of real quick (not being the most balanced, coordinated, or seaworthy person on the planet). But I must say, they do look like a lot of fun!

July 9, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home