Chronicles of a Corporate Intern

Friday, June 13, 2008

Sickness

I guess it's kind of one of those things.

It could be worse. It could be a lot worse.

But oh, how it could be better, how it used to be better.

To be healthy again... What I wouldn't give...

This new development is at least temporary. That is a relief beyond anything I know, I was honestly frightened I had asthma. I can barely handle one chronic and one non-chronic condition in a matter of 3 or 4 months, two that I'm stuck with permanently? I don't know what I would have done.

I want to overcome and get better, but no one's sure if I ever will. And that scares me.

Not to say that I don't function how I am. It's just a painful functioning, a more difficult and careful one than I would like.

I want to see the world, but I can't eat the world's food. I can't even drink water.

Do you know how annoying it is to not be able to drink water? Or soda? Or coffee?
It's one of the most aweful things I've experienced, as sad and shallow as that may sound.
Some days I just want a glass of water.

I'm not addicted to caffiene anymore though.

There's no simple way about it, it's tough, no matter how severe the disease or condition. I know people who have it much worse off than me and that really doesn't make it any easier. I still feel like I'm pushing through some thick bushes to come out on the other side - except I don't know how far they go - I don't know if there is another side.

It scares me. Every day.

My life is frightening me in so many ways right now.

Labels: ,

Miasma had time at 12:46 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home